Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My First Day at Nirma

My last post was on Jul 18, almost 10 days ago! I was determined to be punctual about this writing stuff, but looks like even though I want to write ‘something’, nothing is coming to my mind. My imagination is fading away

Anyway, yesterday was my brother’s first day at college. So far, he went to the same high school and higher secondary school I went and we wanted that he went to the same college I attended. But eventually it did not materialize. First of all, I cannot imagine, he has become such a big boy (and indirectly, it reminds me of my age too). Still sometimes, I treat him like a kid but now our relationship is getting towards ‘friendship’.

I had called him early in the morning to wish him all the best and then I thought about my first day at college. It has been 10 years now and I remember the date very well. It was Nov 20, 2000. As Nirma was little far from home, both my parents had insisted to drop me, at least on the first day. Somehow I bargained to drop me only at bus stop. I hardly knew anyone then and we were just a few students from Gandhinagar. But I never had lonely kind of feelings, not even on the first day. We just had an orientation and I had thoroughly enjoyed it, without any ragging problem. I enjoyed those 4 years of B.E. except there was not much fun outside campus. I sometimes regret that I never had friends to hang out after classes, but I do hope my brother enjoys these days at fullest, including studies!!

No comments: