Friday, January 14, 2011

What's the right time to have a baby?

We have been married for over 4 years and as you can understand, pressure for having a baby has become unbearable. I was just thinking what’s the right time to have a baby? Though, I do fail to understand how can others decide for you? Even if they are your parents? I know they are my best well-wisher and their advice is based on their experience and wisdom, but ultimately I have to carry, give birth and raise a kid. For that, I need to be prepared – physically, mentally and financially!


When others give pressure to you, the crucial fact they overlook is along with pressure they also give tension! If you had planned to wait for more than couple of years after marriage, they would make you feel panic and guilty, as if you took some disastrous decision and now you cannot reverse it. I do understand certain things should be done in right time; otherwise it might cause a problem. But at the same time, it should not become a mission and everyone else is so curious about your personal life.

In my case, I hope, phase should not come that I am trying for a kid just because of pressure and age! I am making out not because of love or lust, just because I need a baby!

No comments: