Monday, December 20, 2010

A Gentleman of Leisure – P G Wodehouse

During my college days, I asked a friend for her advice about what should I read. She happened to be well read and very much into books. She gave me a book ‘Carry on Jeeves’ by P G Wodehouse. I diligently started reading but somehow could not finish it. These days when I went to library, I thought to start reading his books.


This book revolves around Jim who bets with a friend that he can rob someone’s place. He ends up in a place whose daughter he has fallen in love with. He does not know her name or address and hence later on he has no means to find or contact her. For couple of years, he roams around everywhere and finally happens to meet her on the soil of England. Her father who still thinks of him as a robber has strong dislike for him and is very much against their union. Then series of dramatic events occur and finally things fall into place.

A typical British style smart and witty humor :)

No comments: