Sunday, August 29, 2010

May God forgive me

These days my husband stays away during weekdays because of job. Obviously, I feel miserable during weekdays. Though Monday to Thursday, it is somehow manageable, but Friday it seems as if clock is stuck. Particularly after 5 o’ clock, it becomes difficult to kill 4-5 hours. This last Friday, anyway he started late, around 6 and I was just praying and hoping that he should not face any traffic problems. Luckily, he crossed all major traffic areas quite easily and within 4 hours he was 15 minutes away from home. When I called him, he said there is a little congestion on route 1. I was bit surprised since it was almost 10 and generally that area is always clear. Upon asking, he told me that some people were holding a memorial service for a lady who died in an accident at the very same spot couple of days ago.

I was so desperate to see him that just for a fraction of a second I was mad at those people. I was like, she is already dead so why to create traffic jam and put other people in trouble? And then I was feeling so guilty. It was a fatal accident and a day care assistant in her early twenties died on the spot. That must be a huge loss for her family. Because of congestion, probably I would see him in 20 minutes instead of 10, but her family and friends would never be able to see her again. She was quite young, just started her life. How could I even think like that? How could I become so ruthless? May her soul rest in peace and may almighty give strength to her loved ones to bear this loss.

No comments: