Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's festival time!



Tomorrow is Janmashtami. Krishna has been always my favorite God. Best resembling to human being :) "Great blend of bhakti, chaturya, shaurya and prem! kadach nav ras mana badha j ras Krishna ma jova malshe."

Till the time I was in India, Janmashtami was nothing more than a holiday in school, visit to temple and 'farali' food! After coming to US, any festival means making my bond to India stronger, cherishing those childhood days, giving tribute to mom by following all her rituals and also preparing to pass along the same to the next generation!


Every year around each festival, I do some research to find more about it and today was no exception. I am all set for tomorrow's early morning pooja. Krishna pooja followed by bhog and prasad, recitation of Krishna's 108 names and listening to bhajans. This time I am going to make special sweets home and already found link to one among the best collections for bhajans. 'll go to mandir and try to attend krishna-janm ceremony.

What I hate is to plan get-togethers, eat delicious snacks and play card just in the name of Janmashtami. For any religion, any God your feelings should be pure and sacred. If you cannot follo that's fine but at least don't try to hide something in the name of God.

I think, day-by-day I am improving myself; I am getting more honest and feeling closer to Almighty. That's why, in spite of stress and tension we are currently going through, I am simply excited about tomorrow and even more thrilled to tell about all of this to mom.

Don't we look great together? :)

No comments: