Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leaving NJ IV - Finally @ MD

I never wanted to this to be my first post in new year. But anyway, this is also a new beginning.

For first few days after moving to a new home, I was both tired and excited. First couple weeks went just like that, in arranging and then re-arranging everything. Then I was struck with the reality. Every small thing I started to compare with old home. Compared to NJ, it is more quiet and peaceful here. And I was desperate to hear any sound, see people around. Cold and rainy weather was icing on the cake.


To spend the day was not difficult at all, but spending time after dinner was horrible. Every night memories from old place would haunt me like anything and I would lay awake hours after hours.

Now things are getting better. I have made a friend who lives next door. We have started going to gym and learning something new. He is well acquainted with his colleagues.

When I am about to conclude this post, suddenly a thought popped up.  I have been referring to this series as 'Leaving NJ'. I could have named it as 'Going to MD' as well?? Why are we always struck with the past instead of moving ahead? Is it common human nature characteristic or is it just me ho is trying to stop the time and hold everything within?

No comments: