Sunday, June 20, 2010

I am from New Jersey

I'm from New Jersey

I don't expect too much

If the world ended today

I would adjust

I would adjust

I would adjust..



Friends came over this weekend and we went to Longwood Gardens. Such a beauty it is! Lush green grounds, tons of flowers and to add to it, fountains with lights and music - you just can’t resist them. In the evening, they had John Gorka concert in open-air theatre. I am not much fond of American Music or rather I should put this way, I am almost NIL at American Music. Anyway, lack of any other activity and on friend’s insistence, we decided to attend it.


He started the concert with this song on guitar and it felt good. Looks like, I am starting to develop belongingness feelings for America. So far, it was always like, it's a different country, foreign place to me. But yesterday after listening to this song, I felt like I was representing NJ. Probably, in three years I am quite acquainted with place and customs?


But you know what? It made me little scared too. I have always imaged myself going back to India for good, spending time with parents and bringing up kids there. So does this acquaintance mean a bad omen???? God bless us..

No comments: