Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leaving NJ I - New Job Offer

I have been thinking to start a blog series on this subject but amidst heavy work load and packing, this never became a front-burner priority. But now it's high time, only couple of days left and before I loose that rhythm, I have to write something :)

Last one year was full of uncertainty for both of us. We were mentally ready to move to a different place or either he only would move and I would stay back here in NJ.

When his previous assignment got over at Broadridge since he denied to accept full-time, we were prepared for 2-3 months bench period. But luckily, he got confirmation from Fannie Mae in just 3-4 days. Icing on the cake was, exceptionally good salary. There was no way we could say no to this offer. 

It sounded like a long term project and also, my salary was cut down by 30%. So there was no reason we should stay separately. Both of us were excited to move to a new place and moreover, we would be able to stay together.

We had few weeks of time to make the final decision and this whole chapter turned out be a emotional torment.

No comments: