Friday, February 29, 2008

I am Blessed...

I have been delaying writing about this post since valentine's day hence today I was determined not to start working before I write this! Kinda punishment teacher gives to her lazy student:)

Anyway, today I want to share my feelings for somebody I care a lot for, yes you guessed it right, my betterhalf! Before getting married, I always thought marriage as a social arrangement where two completely unknown persons are forced to stay, get acquainted and then finally love and care for each other. This gamble sometimes goes through and sometimes it still remains as a gap between these 2 persons which can never be bridged! My this belief started getting thinner after getting married and now it is completely vanished and the credit goes to other half..

He has accepted me the way I am, he admires and respects the way I lead my life, the way I make decisions about both of us, the way I think. In our Indian culture generally X-X chromosomes are supposed to compromise, but in my case it went little differently. I am not saying that it has been perfect for me or I did not have to compromise at all, but the way we handled it and the way my husband helped me tackle the situation, I do not regret, what I have missed out. He has always been calm and cool towards my anger and frustration, always sympathetic and concerned and willing to understand and analyze the situation from my point of view.

The result is, I have started believing in marriage with all my reverence and faith. It is not arrangement but luck and blessings which not many of us can have. I want to do my best to make him happy and always want to see him as winner.

No comments: